Tuesday, January 12, 2016

2016

I can't believe it is already 2016!! 2015 was a blur for me, but it was a wonderful year! We got to visit family, and family came to visit us. We had lots of fun and we learned a lot. 2015 was definitely a learning and growing year for our family and myself. We wanted to better ourselves and looking back we did, which makes looking forward so much more exciting. Growing isn't always easy or fun though. We had some rough patches but those are usually what gets us through to the good stuff right? I learned a lot about myself last year. I learned I'm a lot stronger than I think, and I can do anything I put my mind to. I learned a lot about my health, and what I need to do to take control of my PCOS. It's not something I can do on my own, and I definitely need a lot of support from family and friends. This year I'm not going to give up when I don't reach my goals right away. I realized I can be fat and depressed, or happy and hopeful. I'm choosing happy and hopeful for 2016. Last year President Utchdorf gave a talk called, " A Summer with Great Aunt Rose." it was an amazing talk. This paragraph particularly stuck out to me.
 "I didn’t want my forever to be composed of dark and fearful ‘Nows.’ And I didn’t want to live in the gloom of a bunker, gritting my teeth, closing my eyes, and resentfully enduring to the bitter end. Faith gave me the hope I needed to live joyfully now!”
I choose joy this year. I choose to have faith and hope that things will work out for our family. I have hope that I will be able to have more kids, and that I will eventually get to live closer to family again. Even though I have super hard days I can choose to find joy and serve those around me who may be having just as hard of time as I am. I know that the power of prayer is real. Last year I experienced so much comfort and blessings from relying on my Heavenly Father. My prayers may not have been answered how I thought they should be, but he really did know what I needed more than I did.
Update on Carson:
Carson is the big 2! He is so active now and loves to play basketball, and football, and soccer. He has a fantastic arm may I add, so maybe we have a future quarterback on our hands. We will see! He loves music. He is a great singer, and he loves any music with a good beat! He likes to play guitars with his daddy. He loves super heros, dinosaurs, and monsters. It depends on the day which one is his favorite. He really loves star wars! We got him some light sabers for Christmas but he becomes a crazy person and I'm pretty sure really thinks he's darth Vader so....the light sabers are in the top of the closet for now.  Carson can talk up a storm. It is so cool, you can Pretty much have a normal conversation with him. He is a really smart boy! We are so blessed to have him. He is growing up so fast!! I'm excited to see what this year holds for our family. ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment