Thursday, November 6, 2014

my old journals

Today, while Carson was napping, I was looking through my childhood journal. I got a pretty good laugh. There was a lot about my "list of boys" and Nsync. I read about how I was going to marry about 50 different guys (I'm pretty sure I got my journal when I was 8) and how all of them were perfect for me. Interesting fact though. I described the guy I wanted to marry in 1998, and I pretty much described Micah! I knew what I wanted at a young age. There are random memories I didn't remember that i'm glad I wrote down. I wrote about hanging out with my oldest sister and brother. Something I don't really remember, and wish that I did. I thought they were so awesome as a kid. (I still do) but I just didn't remember how awesome. I wrote a poem for my brother when he left on his mission. I talked about when Sarah and Dylan were dating, and when they got married. I read about when Claire was born, and Kira went to College. I had a lot of feelings about those things. I read about struggles with friends (that continued when I was older, why didn't I realize I  was hanging out with jerks till I was 16?!) I read about my first childhood love that went back and forth constantly. I read about my first kiss with that same person. And I didn't say a lot about it, and while reading it I thought WHAAAT??? that's the good stuff Keisha why didn't you go into more detail?! (it was a really cute story) I read about all the sweet stuff that guy did for me and wondered why I didn't give him more credit. (probably because I was convinced I was going to marry Justin Timerlake...LOL!!

As I was reading these things, it hit me, I need to be a better journal writer. I did so good, until I turned 18. Then I stopped. Well, kind of, there is a period of I miss my missionary, and how I didn't think I would live with out him, (UMMMM wishing I could go back in time and kick myself in the butt) and then my journaling cut off. I guess I was having too much fun discovering who I am. There are bits and pieces of that time, but I wish I had written more. Because that's when I really found out who I was. And there is nothing about meeting micah, which was an awesome event. So I may try to write about what I remember in my journal. because those are things I want my kids to know. I want them to know how they came to be, and the cute little story that goes along with our family history.



No comments:

Post a Comment