Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!!

As a kid I remember thinking that at midnight something magical happened, and that when the new year came everything would just be different and better. Even as a teenager, I still kind of believed that. Now, a little older, I have realized nothing magical happens. If you want change you make it happen. You work your butt off to accomplish a goal. Something magical can happen if you work for it. In 2015 I'm planning to make some magic. I know everyone is making new year resolutions and will have forgotten them by tomorrow, maybe next week. But I've been working on mine since June. Last year I wanted an adventure.  What a foolish hope that was. I learned I should have been a hobbit, and not Bilbo or Frodo. (Or sam, merry, or pippin) I am quite comfortable where I am. (Or was) I do not like change, I guess I liked the idea of it. This year I 1. Want to take charge of my health. I want to continue being healthy. I feel 100% better when I am eating right and working out. I want to have more children so badly, and with pcos, taking care of my health is the best way to do it. I want to feel good and confident in my skin. I have never had to work hard to be skinny, so this has been a challenge for me, but am finally starting to feel like it will be a life style change for us.
2. Be more service oriented. I want to serve those around me. I really want to forget myself and go to work. I have found in my life I'm a lot more happy when I'm serving others and seeing them happy. I love helping people, and i love taking care of people and making them feel special. I love service it is the best thing a person can do .
3. Learn a new instrament. I have been trying to learn the organ for church, but I have been lazy about it. I am going to learn it this year dangit, even if I figure it out at 11:59 on new year's eve. I have learned and played a lot of instraments. I love it. I also want to learn to play the guitar this year. I am so passionate about music. I don't have a piano but I do have a guitar so i feel like I should learn it right? I also feel like I need to challenge myself so I can keep growing and learning. 4. Have a positive attitude. I am just going to say it. This year I have been the world's biggest capital B. My poor husband has had to put up with an emotional basket case. We have had ALOT of crappy things happen, and There is no hiding we've had a bad year.  But i feel like it would have been more bearable for everyone if I had a better attitude.  I could go on and list the awful things we were dealt, but it's life and everyone goes through it. And when it comes down to it,  not many people care (one thing I have learned....and maybe that is my negative attitude speaking...Whoops) everyone has their own struggles and trials, and things Are difficult in their own way. I always remember D&C 121 where Joseph Smith finally complains(but it's not REALLY complaining) to Heavenly Father about the crap he'd gone through. And he tells him that if he endures things well he will exalted on high. I'm not being tarred and feathered, and i haven't been chased out of towns, buried my own children, or persecuted for the restoration of the church.....but if he can go through those horrible trials with a positive attitude and unwavering faith, I should be able to get through mine with at least a positive attitude...once in a while. My goal is to make my house a happy peaceful place. My goal is to maybe get out of the adventure cycle in life and figure things out. I want to be a happy positive person for Little C. I don't want him to think his mom is the grumiest Eore around. 2015 will be magical for our family, because we plan to make some magic. ♡♡♡

1 comment:

  1. LOVE. I think all of us could do with a better attitude.

    ReplyDelete