Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Check in on our goals!

This year I've been terrible at blogging! Sadly because it doesn't work on my phone. So I have to use my iPad or computer...how inconvenient. Jk I'm just a lazy pants about it. This year has been so much better. I've set my goals and have been sticking to them. It hasn't been easy by any means but it has brought more happiness to our lives. I've had days where I didn't want to stick to my goals and those days have really sucked, but then I remembered how great I felt when I stuck to my goals. One of my goals was to change my bad health and habits. Since January I've lost 20 pounds! I'm am thrilled. I haven't done anything extreme. I have just made sure to work out for an hour a day and eat healthy. I like to split my hour up into 2 half hours most of the time, I feel like I get better results that way. I have felt so great and like I have more energy! Another goal I had was to have a positive attitude and make the best of my situation. It wasn't easy at first. When you're in a crappy situation, who wants to have a good attitude? I know it's not my natural instinct. To be honest, I hate living in an apartment, I hate that I rarely get to see my husband, our relationship has struggled since we moved here, (not In a were getting divorced way, but it hasn't gotten to be nurtured and growing way...obviously because we don't see much of each other and we're both very needy people lol ) summers are the hardest, so I shouldn't boast about my good attitude just yet. ;) but I have felt happier trying to find the good in our situation. I've made great friends who help and support me, and we moved into a great ward where I feel at home. Another goal was to be more service oriented, I am telling you, this has helped me the most! And maybe it has something to do with my better attitude, but since I have been serving others more, my heart has grown 2 sizes too big! ;) just kidding but really it has blessed our family in many ways. 

Micah's goals this year were to get on track financially (starting getting out of debt), and to get on track to finish school. These two things have also been blessings in our lives. We've paid off a few debts, and crossing things off the budget is like lifting weights off our shoulders! We decided Micah needs to finish school. We decided having a degree and education gives us more control of our lives. Who doesn't want control of their life? I know I do, it is the worst feeling when it seems like your job, or lack of education holds you back. 

Since we've made these changes to our lifestyle, we've been happier, and life seems like there is a light at the end of the tunnel. We recently prayed about if we should be here anymore, because yes, our lifestyle has changed, and the cost of living is so much more here. We have really felt like we still need to be here. it's obviously not my first choice, but knowing this is where I need to be right now helps a little. So we will see what the rest of this year brings!  


Late to church....as usual. Whoops


Carson is not a fan of shopping


Carson loves to chase hazel



Swinging is his favorite


Our stake valentines dance


We've been working out


I've lost 20 pounds so far



I'm so glad when Dady comes home

No comments:

Post a Comment