Monday, June 8, 2015

Family update

Life is a rollercoaster. That is a fact. The other day I was sitting on the couch thinking about trials I've had, and how I gotten through them. I realized every hard thing has brought me to something better, but it only stays better for a little while before something hard happens again. We are continually growing and progressing whether we want to or not, and I guess how much we grow and progress is up to us. We choose what we take from each experience and how much we grow. Honestly, I think too often I stop myself from growing a lot. Instead of wondering " how can this make me better? Or what can I learn from this?" I usually think "why is this happening to me? Or what did I do wrong?" I've come to learn recently I've done nothing wrong, and it's because Heavenly Father knows I can handle it, and trusts me to handle it, and if I do, the blessings and knowledge that come from it are great. 

Last week my parents came to visit! Which means we got to go out and have fun! We went to the grotto, and we drove to lake quinault! Seriously so pretty! Our little family has been really busy lately. It is busy season for Micah at work, so life is lonely and boring most days. And hot! I guess us Idaho people are spoiled with A/C because it was important for them to put in most apartments. The past few days have been nasty. 92 degrees in humid climate with no air conditioning is not a fun time. When our lease is up I will move somewhere with a/c.

CARSON update!!

He is growing up too fast! I keep buying him new church pants and within a month they are high waters! Maybe he will not grow out of the next size so fast! Fingers crossed. He is learning new words like crazy and is a chatter box. His favorite question is where daddy go? And favorite phrase is I see you mama! He loves boots! Hazel his cousin has rain boots and every time she wears them to our house the end up on his feet. I bought him boots to wear to church, and he brings them to me all the time and says my boots pease! He loves his boots! He loves walking down the stairs at our apartment, he gets pretty upset if we don't let him. He loves dogs and pretty much every kind of animal probably more than me, which is a lot! He loves swimming a lot! Last week he learned to jump in the pool. (Oh no!!) he loves pizza and grapes right now. He is like his daddy! 


My feet, Kira's feet, moms feet, and carsons feet on the labyrinth at the grotto.


Carson next to the largest spruce tree in the world. 58' 11" in circumference and 191' tall


Carson had some ice creAm while we hiked up to the top of multnomah falls. A white shirt wasn't the best idea. 




No comments:

Post a Comment