Tuesday, August 15, 2017



This boy. 
He is the light of our life. I can't really remember what life was like before he joined our family. I think life must have been pretty bland. I've decided parenting is like a choose your own adventure book, but we aren't the ones choosing the adventures. We are the ones holding on tight making sure we all survive through the day. My whole entire life I dreamed of being a mom. I wanted to have lots of babies and stay home and be their super awesome mommy. One thing i for sure didn't plan on was the heartbreaking trail of infertility. I think one thing that makes this little boy so special to us is all the prayers and love that brought him here. Now he is almost 4 and every single night he prays for a sister and a dog. Some nights it breaks my mamma heart, and some nights it brings so much peace to my soul that he has such great faith and patience, that he continues to pray for it every single night. Some days I wish that I could have the faith, love, and understanding of my 3 year old. He forgives in an instant, loves without hesitation, and has a faith that is beyond my comprehension. I'm not sure how I lucked out and was chosen to be his mom, but my heart is eternally grateful that I did. 

I haven't been blogging for the past year. Part of me got lazy, and part of me just felt like my whole blog would be a list of complaints. Last year Micah got a great job, lost that job, we started to buy a house and then had to back out because said job was lost, he found a fantastic job and things were going great and then a few dramatic things happened around Christmas, I got into a terrible wreck, and my anxiety spiraled out of control. I think we have moved out of the splash zone for a while and have had pretty normal lives the past few months. Although life is in no way perfect, I feel like the growth we have made as a family in the past year is tremendous. We are never prepared for the trails and hardships that we go through, but one thing I have learned is to rely on my Heavenly Father for strength and comfort. Life is so beautifully amazing and I plan on enjoying every single second of it and embracing the changes and trails that come our way.  








No comments:

Post a Comment